A year-long study of Russia’s capital conducted in the Moscow Metro. WHERE ARE WE HEADED captures the day-to-day of ordinary city dwellers as well as momentous national occasions.
This is a road movie encapsulated in the Moscow metro system and filmed over the course of one year: a documentary film that observes cultural and social issues in modern Russia. It is a study with elements of absurdist tragicomedy, with no central characters; instead, it is a wide-angle portrait of society with all the joys and challenges that it entails.
Subtitles: English, Estonian
- Name in Original Language: Куда мы едем? / Where Are We Headed
- Director: Ruslan Fedotow
- Country: Belarus, Russia
- Year: 2021
- Length: 63 min
- Cinematography: Ruslan Fedotow
- Editing: Liza Kozlova, Ruslan Fedotow
- Audio: Andrey Dergachev
- Music: Burago
- Production: Nastia Korkia, Ruslan Fedotow, Matvey Fiks for Pinery, Simon Zakruzhnyy for Pinery, Alex Zyablikov for Pinery
- Cinema Sõprus: Wednesday, 2.02 - 19:30
- Cinema Artis, hall 1: Saturday, 5.02 - 17:30
- Elisa Stage platform: Tuesday, 1.02 9 am - Sunday, 6.02 11:59 pm (the film can be viewed within 48 hours from the first opening)