Budding Humans is about the seemingly small, but extremely important steps children take in kindergarten to become great, empathetic people.
Throughout a year, we follow the everyday life of toddlers Balder and Haakon in a kindergarten in Norway. The film allows us to see how children socialize and interact with each other. The focus is on the friendship and bonds between them, as well as their conflicts, but it also tells us something about ourselves as human beings. As the children grow and unfold, they reflect what we all carry in our hearts.
- Name in Original Language: Store små mennesker / Budding Humans
- Director: Gunhild Westhagen Magnor
- Country: Norway, Sweden
- Year: 2022
- Length: 70 min
- Cinematography: Gunhild Asting
- Editing: Stefan Sundlof
- Audio: Håkon Lammetun
- Music: Akira Kosemura
- Production: Sant & Usant Production, Ginestra Film
- Cinema Artis, hall 1: Saturday, 4.02 - 15:15
- Tartu Elektriteater: Sunday, 5.02 - 15:15